Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Bare Minerals Starter Kit - $60

I've been using Bare Escentuals' Bare Minerals line.  My boyfriend got me the starter kit for $60.  It works really nicely.  In fact, I love it.  However, I noticed that it started to make me break out with all these tiny clogged pores.  Very devastating for me.  The end result of using the BE powder was sooo nice.  It looked fresh and dewn.  Minimum, if not, sheer coverage.  It looked like I had nothing on!  But there's an ingredient in the powder that clogs the pores because it's being buffed onto your face and thus buffed into your pores--  it's bismuth oxychloride.

When I realized it was the powder, I started to put on a little non-comedogenic foundation on my cheeks first so that it would protect the bismuth oxychloride from being buffed into my pores.  I haven't seen more tiny clogged pores, so I guess it's working?  But I still need to get a facial done because the damage has already been done.  I'm just glad I found a way to bypass additional clogged pores.

No comments:

Post a Comment