Saturday, February 12, 2011

4 Fab Alternatives to Getting A Brazilian Blowout

4 Fab Alternatives to Getting A Brazilian Blowout: Girls in the Beauty Department: Beauty: glamour.com


I don't know about you guys, but it seems like every gal I know either has (or is talking about getting) a Brazilian blowout. The only problem is that it can be kinda pricey (usually between $150-$600 depending on where you go). So, before you shell out all that money, try these easy at-home alternatives first!
0803_BrazilianBlowOutAlternatives_bd.jpg
OK confession: I received the Brazilian blowout last summer and I swear that it changed my life in that I never really thought that it would be possible to ever have frizz free hair for so long. However, I decided not to get one this summer and instead added these products (and practices!) into my hair routine. Luckily, they've been giving me the same kind of effect as the Brazilian blowout...minus the price tag of course. Hurrah!
0803-AvonLotusShield_bd.jpg
1. Avon Advance Techniques Frizz Control Lotus Shield ($10)
Out of all the frizz free hair products I've tried recently, this one is my fave! It's a leave-in hair treatment that you apply to your hair while wet after washing and then just style as normal. Regardless of whether you use heat on your hair when styling, it forms a barrier around your hair to repel moisture. The best part is that you don't have to keep re-applying: it stays in your hair for up to three days even if you wash it! It's a lazy gal's dream!
0803_NeilGeorgeOil_bd.jpg
2. Neil George Indian Gooseberry Oil ($42)
Alright, I know it's a bit pricey and it sounds like it would be extremely heavy (and weird!) to put oil on your hair. But, my fine curly hair happens to attract frizz while I'm hanging out at the pool or beach. So, colorist Amanda George from the Neil George Salon suggested that I dampen my hair first and then apply the oil. When you do get in the water, the oil creates a barrier on your tresses keeping it moist so as you sunbathe your hair won't turn into a frizz ball. Another great (yet cheaper) alternative is the Carol's Daughter Khoret Amen Hair Oil.
3. My Cream/Hairspray Cocktail
Here's a little trick that I picked up while hanging out backstage and chatting with hairstylists during the Fall 2010 shows of Fashion Week: squeeze out some anti-frizz hair cream (I love Pantene's Curly Hair Style Anti-Frizz Creme) into your hand; spray a bit of hairspray on top of it (my pick is Bumble and Bumble's Spray De Mode); rub hands together and then distribute throughout hair, focusing mostly on ends. The cream works to smooth your strands and the hairspray helps to keep the frizz out.
3. Cold Water (free! well, unless you have to pay a water bill that is...)
Before jumping out the shower, rinse your hair in cold water for about 5 minutes. It seals your hair cuticle and cuts down on fly aways making your hair appear instantly smoother after you style. Easy!


Read More http://www.glamour.com/beauty/blogs/girls-in-the-beauty-department/2010/08/4-fab-alternatives-to-getting.html#ixzz1DnRSRgmd

No comments:

Post a Comment