Saturday, February 12, 2011

Beauty Experiment: Olive Oil As An In-Shower Moisturizer: Girls in the Beauty Department: Beauty: glamour.com

Beauty Experiment: Olive Oil As An In-Shower Moisturizer: Girls in the Beauty Department: Beauty: glamour.com

Back when I revealed my new dry-skin solution--putting deep conditioner on my shower pouf--readers like sruggi1, mandabear_heart and GLSD mentioned their creative in-shower uses of baby oil, vegetable oil and olive oil. Genius! I had to incorporate some oil into my own scrubdown routine.


Conveniently, I had a slim mini bottle of oilve oil that came in some gift basket or something, so I just put it on my shower shelf, where it looks cute chillin' out amidst my more traditional beauty products.

0217-olive_oil_shower_bd.jpg

You can find lots of cute mini bottles like this at the Container Store!

One day after scrubbing and shaving, I rubbed about a teaspoon of oil on my legs, which tend to be dry and irritated in winter. I rinsed to prevent myself from smelling like salad all day, and the water beaded up afterward, indicating that my legs still had a very thin coating of the oil. What a difference this made! I followed with my regular moisturizer, and I loved how soft my skin felt all day. The only drawback: The oil did leave my shower floor pretty slick (be careful!).

Next time, I'm going to bring in a little cupful of brown sugar to mix with the oil, per mandabear_heart's suggestion for a DIY body scrub. I think kosher salt would be good, too, for those seeking a deeper exfoliation.



Read More http://www.glamour.com/beauty/blogs/girls-in-the-beauty-department/2009/02/beauty-experiment-olive-oil-as.html#ixzz1Dn0utm8a

No comments:

Post a Comment