Saturday, February 12, 2011

Why You Might Want to Add a Pill Case to Your Drugstore Beauty List: Girls in the Beauty Department: Beauty: glamour.com

Why You Might Want to Add a Pill Case to Your Drugstore Beauty List: Girls in the Beauty Department: Beauty: glamour.com

I stumbled into beauty heaven today, aka a Paris Sephora. It was packed full of things we can't get in the States like my favorite Lancome self-tanner and this nifty 7-day moisturizer travel pack from Clinique (a Sephora exclusive). I bought it in part so I could try to re-hydrate my skin (international flights and jet-lag are nobody's friend) but also so I would remember to rig up my own skincare kit for my next trip. Here's my idea...

1003-clinique-moisturizer_bd.jpg
Other than the fact that the day and nighttime moisturizers are definitely doing their job and adding some much needed h20 to my skin, the best part about the Clinique travel pack (pictured above) is that it has a whole week's worth of adorable little single-serving lotion pouches. More importantly, these little pouches can be packed flat and easily tucked away...unlike all those little bottles of cream, moisturizers, anti-wrinkle etc lotions and potions. My current beauty travel bag is bursting at the seams thanks to all those oddly sized and uniquely shaped containers--but it's hard to leave my favorite products at home.

That's why next time I go away for a week or more, I'm going to get one of those plastic pill cases (ideally one with AM and PM sections) and squirt some of my most-used facial products in the little sections. This way, I'll be able to bring all of my products but won't have to worry about space or spills. I might have to add little stickers with the names of each product so that I don't wind up putting eye cream on my cuticles or something, but I think I can handle that extra one-minute step.

1003-makeup-palette_bd.jpg
Another option would be to turn the pill case into a serious makeup palette, like of like the multi-color concealer and foundation kits that I always see makeup artists using backstage at fashion shows and shoots.



Read More http://www.glamour.com/beauty/blogs/girls-in-the-beauty-department/2009/10/why-a-pill-case-might-be-your.html#ixzz1Dmw8GPKB

No comments:

Post a Comment