Saturday, February 12, 2011

Face Primer

Face Primer: Six Good Reasons Why You Should Get Your Hands On One Pronto: Girls in the Beauty Department: Beauty: glamour.com


Face primers are relatively new in the beauty arena and for a while they made me a little doubtful about how my skin would react. I'd always wondered whether it would clog up my pores since the whole point of it is to fill in every crease and crevice, making your face smooth and ready for blush, foundation, etc. But I plunged ahead and tried a couple of the latest, brand-spankin'-new primers, and this is what I found:
First off, they don't clog up pores like I thought they would! (Phew!) The trick is to find one that that's oil-free, like the new AmazingCosmetics Anti-Aging Face Primer that just came out this month or a primer that's super light and can literally act like a moisturizing serum too, like CoverGirl & Olay's Simply Ageless Serum Primer.


It's no coinkydink that both of them have anti-aging properties either. Though they fill in lines for a face-lift effect, they stick to the surface so it doesn't invade and block up the pores. When I tried out the CoverGirl product, I felt like I was just putting on a lightweight moisturizer--it didn't leave that dreaded sticky or overly powdery feel.
I got the pros from AmazingCosmetics to help me come up with our favorite reasons why we think makeup primer should be next on your beauty shopping list. I'm SURE at least one of these will catch your eye!:
  • Smooths the skin's surface and evens out the skin tone
  • Helps to better disguise blemishes and lets you blend your concealer/makeup in more evenly
  • Makes your foundation stick around for longer (makeup pro Terri Apanesewicz used Amazing's primer on Hillary Scott on a 90+ degree photoshoot and it did not budge!)
  • Fills in fine lines and wrinkles
  • Reduces shine
  • And finally, like I said before, it doesn't clog pores!


Read More http://www.glamour.com/beauty/blogs/girls-in-the-beauty-department/2010/08/face-primer-top-six-reasons-wh.html#ixzz1Dna1ijsy

Source:  Glamour

No comments:

Post a Comment