Saturday, February 12, 2011

Beauty Experiment: Olive Oil As An In-Shower Moisturizer: Girls in the Beauty Department: Beauty: glamour.com

Beauty Experiment: Olive Oil As An In-Shower Moisturizer: Girls in the Beauty Department: Beauty: glamour.com

I can't rave enough about "cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser"-purchased at grocery or drug stores. Dermalogist recommend it highly...keeps your face and neck smooth & soft. I have beautiful skin and don't require foundation due to using this fine product. check it out and you'll thank me. GJ

I love olive oil for many things, but my favorite way to use it is as a hair treatment. I saturate my hair in olive oil (extra virgin is best) and tie it up for a while, I leave it in overnight on occasion, but a half hour with some heat, whether you sit outside for a bit or blast it a few times with a drier, is sufficient. Actually the heat makes it get into the hair even better! Then just shampoo it out, it may take a few shampoos to get it all out, and your hair will be shinier, healthier, and more voluminous! I generally do this once or twice a month and my hair loves me for it
!

I use Johnson's baby oil on wet skin, then towel dry. Don't worry, it doesn't leave residue on the towel. I have a bottle of very special natural olive oil, with like low acid and everything, and I put it on my face every so often to soften it.

For the person who has chicken skin thanks for the tip! And I was told by a makeup artist and an esthetician that those little white bumps under the eyes are caused by the concealer you use. Find something organic or a mineral cover up and concealer should make them ease up. Secondly you should use an eye cream in the day and night time to really get them to go down and maybe even go away completely! Mine have not gone away completely but are barely visible now. I believe I am the only one who can really see them...I see myself closer than most though so that may be the cause : ) Also I use this bath scrub by lulicious (in coconut) that I recommend to everyone. If you dont want to buy it I suggest simply using coconut shavings (and oil if you have it), sugar, honey and a little olive oil. Smells great!

i've used olive oil in the past as a makeup remover when at my boyfriend's place without baby oil or proper face wash. who knew olive oil was so wonderfully diverse in its uses?

Haven't tried the olive oil yet - I'm not a fan of the scent. However, I adore J&J Baby Oil! I transfered it to a mini spray bottle which is SO much easier to handle then the regular bottles it comes in. I make sure to shut the door when I'm showering to create a "steam-room" and once I'm done with my shower, I lightly towel dry then spray on my baby oil. My skin feels like silk and has a pretty glow all year 'round :)

i also love brown sugar and olive oil mixed.but to get rid of blemishes i use white sugar and lemon. my skin glows afterwards!

Sugar or salt and olive oil is awesome, I swear. The sugar/salt scrubs then dissolves, and a little oil is left behind. But definitely be careful not to slip and fall! I've been on a DIY homemade beauty kick over on my blog so I'll let you know if I find anything else that's good (PS I'm doing a honey mask review today :) ~Amanda http://onehappypanda.blogspot.com

i once bought an olive oil type shower gel thingy at an art fair..i loved it! you put it on after you showered (i just did my armpits, elbows, knee caps and heels) and it made everything so smooth and pretty looking. i wish i could find it again!

I mix brown sugar and honey for a DIY face mask and scrub. The True Blue Spa line at Bath and Body Works use to make an absolutely AMAZING Honey and Jojoba Bead face scrub. This was by far one of the best beauty products I ever tried; however, I guess it was discontinued. I was crushed when I found out this was gone. The closest thing I could do was make my own - not as good as the B&BW one, but still really nice.

take 1/2 a grapefruit and squeeze out the juice and pulp, mix with sugar and olive oil and re-fill the empty grapefruit with the mixture and massage elbows, knees and feet.

I like to use safflower instead of olive oil. It has the same make-up as olive oil, but without the salad smell. It works great! I live in a very cold dry climate and this is the first winter I haven't had a single spot of dry skin!

Read More http://www.glamour.com/beauty/blogs/girls-in-the-beauty-department/2009/02/beauty-experiment-olive-oil-as.html#ixzz1Dn5X9FAP


No comments:

Post a Comment