Saturday, February 12, 2011

Beauty Experiment: Baby Wipes As Face Wipes: Girls in the Beauty Department: Beauty: glamour.com

Beauty Experiment: Baby Wipes As Face Wipes: Girls in the Beauty Department: Beauty: glamour.com

If you were part of last week's eye-makeup remover discussion, you may have noticed rainbowgirl's surprising suggestion: that Pampers Sensitive baby wipes make great face wipes. Or, more specifically, the most excellent face wipes ever in the history of the universe (and she's tried 'em all). Needless to say, I booked it out my door to the drugstore across First Avenue and purchased myself a box.

1123-pampers_wipes_bd.jpg

I found the baby-wipe-as-face-wipe idea intriguing for a few reasons. One, I have lazy phases when it comes to p.m. face-washing, and wipes encourage me to at least remove my makeup. Two, wipes designed specifically for the face can be somewhat pricey and often disappoint me, either by burning my sensitive skin or not being damp enough to remove much, or turning out to be the kind you have to wet under the faucet (why not just wash your face normal-style then? I don't get it). So if these worked, I thought I could probably get past the fact that they are designed to clean a poopy baby bum.

The verdict: I've been using baby-bum wipes on my face for about four nights now, and they rule. Rainbowgirl, you were right, this really is the best secret tip ever. They're totally hypoallergenic, fragrance-free, of the perfect moistness, and at about five bucks for 64 wipes (7 cents a wipe), extremely recession-friendly. In comparison, the Biore and Sephora ones work out to about 25 cents a wipe, and Olay ones about 20.

Two drawbacks: One, the box is freakin' huge, and not exactly discreet. I have to figure out somewhere to stash it, since we lack an under-sink cabinet. For now, it's on the very bottom shelf of our bathroom shelvy-unit. Two, the wipes don't fully remove my DiorShow Blackout mascara. But I am organizing my in-depth trial of all the eye-makeup removers you recommended; stay tuned for the results, probably early next week.



Read More http://www.glamour.com/beauty/blogs/girls-in-the-beauty-department/2008/11/baby-wipes-as-face-wipes-genui.html#ixzz1Dn9Fiors

No comments:

Post a Comment